Current Public Service
- Member, Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce Legislative Issues Committee
- Vice Chair, City of Greenville Public Transportation and Parking Commission
- Vice President, Greenville Museum of Art Board of Trustees
- Member, City of Greenville Comprehensive Planning Committee (aka “Horizon’s Committee.”)
From the Pitt County Schools through our university system, Brian Farkas knows first hand that our public schools directly reflect our communities. Farkas will fight to recruit and retain high-quality teachers and teacher assistants for our K–12 classrooms, re-direct public money exclusively toward public schools, and create an innovative educational environment that attracts, and keeps, good paying jobs in Pitt County.
Healthy Job Growth
A healthy economy is powered by good paying jobs and fair opportunities for everybody. As Pitt County’s voice in the State House, Farkas will:
- Champion smart, pro-business investments in infrastructure
- Ensure state support of urban core and main street revitalization programs that boost quality of life
- Strengthen North Carolina’s “buy local” efforts
- Aggressively combat poverty by rebuilding problem-solving coalitions between business, public education, and government
With his experience in both public and private sectors, Brian Farkas understands that government is at its best when your public officials are responsive to the people—and only the people. As your Representative, Farkas will lead the fight to end gerrymandering once and for all by establishing a bipartisan redistricting commission, will reform our campaign finance system to get lawmakers out of the fundraising business, and will roll back voter suppression laws that make it harder for people’s voices to be heard.